The 19th International Symposium on Microscale Bioseparations (MSB Kobe) will be held from July 31 to August 4, 2005 in Kobe, Japan. This symposium will emphasize the fusion of micro/nanotechnology and bio/chemical technologies for the application of genomic, proteomic, metabolomic analyses and future personalized medicine.
Why twice in 2005?
- The 10th meeting (HPCE Kyoto) was held in 1997 in Kyoto.
- MSB Symposium (formally HPCE Symposium) was only once in Asian countries in 1997.
- A number of CE and micro-scale analysis researchers in Asian countries are still increasing.
- But it seems hard for them to attend the MSB (HPCE) meetings in the US and Europe due to the economic, distance, VISA reasons, etc.
- We would like to encourage the interaction and discussion between researchers in US, Europe and Asia.
- In addition, there are so many researchers on genomics, proteomics, semiconductors, and microfabrication in Asian countries.
- They are so interested in microscale analyses.